Financial Advice Provider & Adviser Disclosure Statement
Financial Advice Provider [FAP]: Financial Insight NZ Limited
Financial Adviser [FA]: Gregory A. Coldicutt
This Disclosure Statement is effective: 15th March 2021
Financial Insight NZ Limited (FSP72251) holds a transitional licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. Gregory A. Coldicutt is a licenced Financial Adviser (FSP67081) contracted to Financial Insight NZ Limited. He advises on life assurance and associated financial services products.
NATURE & SCOPE OF ADVICE:
Financial Insight NZ Limited provides advice to our clients about life insurance, trauma insurance, disability or income protection insurance, and health insurance. For our KiwiSaver and superannuation clients, we refer them to a trusted external Investment Adviser under a separate Agreement.
We provide financial advice about products from leading providers:
- For life assurance, we choose to work with our preferred carriers, namely AIA NZ, Asteron, Fidelity, and Cigna.
- For health insurance, we choose to work with our preferred carriers, namely AIA NZ and nib.
- We also hold agencies with Booster and Fisher Funds for ancillary products.
FEES, EXPENSES, and INCENTIVES:
Financial Insight NZ Limited is primarily a ‘commission only’ agency, meaning we are paid a commission by the Insurer upon inception of an insurance policy and a small annual commission ongoing, based on the premium payable. However, in limited cases, a fee for service may be charged at a specified rate, advised to the client before the advice is given.
Your Financial Adviser, Gregory A. Coldicutt, is paid by Financial Insight NZ Limited.
In addition, Financial Insight NZ Limited may charge a fee for the financial advice provided to a client where a client cancels a life or health policy within two years of inception. Whether a fee will be charged and the way it will be charged will be advised when the advice is provided to the client. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
Further, to ensure our financial advisers prioritise our clients’ interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made based on each clients’ goals and circumstances only. As such, neither Financial Insight NZ Limited nor our financial advisers receive any incentives from Insurers. To do so may have the effect of bias on the financial advice provided to the client, and so we diligently avoid such incentives.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you may make a complaint by calling us on 09 444 7018 or preferably, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the contact information below.
When we receive your complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints procedure:
- We record all complaints in our internal Complaints Register.
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may seek further information.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 business days of receiving them. If not, we will advise such.
- Depending on the complaint, we may defer the complaint directly to our external Dispute Resolution Scheme as below.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd, our external and independent Dispute Resolution Scheme, free of charge.
You can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd by emailing email@example.com, by calling 0800 347 257, or writing to PO Box 5967, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145.
Financial Insight NZ Limited, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way in which we give advice.
Your financial adviser, contracted to Financial Insight NZ Limited, discloses the following duties under the Act:
I, Gregory A. Coldicutt, am bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act to:
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set as set out in the Code of Conduct.
- Give priority to the clients’ interest.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill and
- Meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
Financial Insight NZ Limited’s licence number as a Financial Advice Provider is: FSP72251
Gregory A. Coldicutt’s licence number as a Financial Adviser is: FSP67081.
You are welcome to verify this at: http://www.fspr.govt.nz.
Or for more information, please visit: http://www.fma.govt.nz
Neither Financial Insight NZ Limited nor Gregory A. Coldicutt have ever been subject to a reliability event over our 33 years in operation. A reliability event is something that might materially influence you in deciding whether to seek advice from us. As an example, it could include legal proceedings against us or if we had been discharged from bankruptcy.
Postal Address: PO Box 17-010, Omokoroa Beach. Omokoroa 3154
Physical Location: 130 Hamurana Road, Omokoroa Beach, Omokoroa 3114
Telephone: 0800 101 502
The information within this Disclosure Document is available in writing at any time. Please contact us to request a copy.
Version Control: v.1.0-15.03.2021